DJ Richard entertains at stunning Stoneridge Estate wedding venue in Queenstown, Central Otago
I’ve become fortunate enough to call Stoneridge Estate one of my regular wedding venues, and I’m entertaining there so regularly that I’ve left an entire DJ rig complete with Bose speakers and lighting at the venue for use when I’m there. Wayne and Suzanne look after every little detail and weddings I’ve been there for have ranged in size from an incredibly fun group of 24 up to over 150.
Below are some photos from a few of the weddings DJ Richard entertained at Stoneridge Estate wedding venue, Queenstown, New Zealand. Unbelievably, in the photos with the mirror-calm lake, the rain had been absolutely pelting down all morning and only cleared an hour before the ceremony at the Stoneridge Chapel by the Lake, which is not unusual for this part of the country. Central Otago is just incredible.
Stoneridge Estate offers a 5-Star Boutique Luxury Hotel and a stunning venue for Weddings, Gala Dinners, Functions, and Corporate Events hosting up to 210 guests.
Stoneridge sits majestically amidst 12 acres of picturesque gardens and vineyards, with breath-taking views across Lake Hayes and beyond to Coronet Peak. The inspired marriage of reclaimed timber and stone, together with bespoke hand-forged iron work, makes Stoneridge a destination in its own right: a unique and compelling architectural experience that is unmatched in New Zealand.
A brief summary of the estate is provided below:
1. Conferences, Gala Dinners, Incentives and Events
- Conference facilities available onsite with The Hayes Room, The Cellar and The Boardroom
- Unique rustic medieval inspired venue – just perfect for a special themed events, such as our ever popular Lord of the Rings dinner!
- 12 acres of beautifully landscaped gardens, lawns, pond and vineyard, just perfect for team building exercises.
- Catering, theming and hire equipment all available (by prior arrangement)
- Quaint Chapel on the estate
2. Wine tasting/tours
- Three wines produced from the Estates private vineyard
- Extensive water gardens including historic stone ruins, Chapel and Art gallery tours
- Morning and afternoon teas, lunches and dinners catered for (by prior arrangement
3. Boutique Luxury Accommodation-Stoneridge Lodge
- Stunning location with panoramic views from every room of Lake Hayes and nearby mountains. Situated 7 minutes from Queenstown airport, 15 minutes from Queenstown and 5 minutes to historic Arrowtown and wineries of the Gibbston Valley.
- Uniquely constructed with recycled Church and bridge beams, Welsh slate and timbers.
- Three luxury suites in the lodge and a private cottage separate to the lodge
- Private vineyard and art gallery on the estate
- Lodge facilities include a lap pool and outdoor hot tub
Chris & Che’ booked me to entertain at their wedding a few years ago at Stoneridge, which is overlooking the lovely Lake Hayes near Queenstown. I provided music for their ceremony in the Stoneridge chapel, then music for the reception, alongside the band they also hired- The Feelers! I was also their Master of Ceremonies. The pictures with the helicopter and the white table linen is from this wedding.
To say that this venue is spectacular is a huge understatement. The setting amongst Central Otago’s mountains, hills, lakes and snow is unparalleled. The venue itself is purpose build and really is astonishing. The stonework, the aged timber and incredible architecture set the tone for a wedding not soon forgotten.
The chapel is beautiful, although a tight fit for the 85 (or so) guests at this wedding. Che’ and the girls arrived by Eurocopter, landing on the expansive lawn in front of the chapel, with snow capped mountains in the background. Straight after the service, the wedding party and Fredrik Larsson (photographer) got back into the helicopter and flew off to the snow at the Remarkables for some photos.
Back at the reception venue, Wayne from Stoneridge was attentive, incredibly detail-oriented and left nothing to chance, making my job much easier and allowing all of the guests to relax and enjoy the sumptuous food, the Moët & Chandon champagne and the exquisite local wines, especially the stunning Mt Difficulty Pinot Noir!
The food service was impressive, with the team delivering an entire table’s meals simultaneously, rather than person by person and the staff were all totally professional, polished, polite and courteous. A pleasure to work with in short.
After the cocktails, canapés, meal and cake cutting, it was time for dancing. Two tables (the rowdy ones LOL) were efficiently packed away, the lights were dimmed and the dance floor packed from the first dance onwards. The Feelers played their two sets and were fantastic as you’d expect. Just a truly iconic Kiwi band and I was amazed at how many of their tracks I knew, but hadn’t realised were them. Sensational.
All things considered, this is one of the most special venues I’ve entertained at since starting out as a mobile DJ in 1986. If you’re wanting a Queenstown venue and have the budget, it would be pretty hard to go past Stoneridge as a choice. Chris & Che’ you really know how to celebrate in style! Thank you once again for allowing me to help make your day so memorable.